Apply for the LEAD Opportunity Grant to receive free access to a LEAD Conference
All future leaders deserve the opportunity to attend a LEAD Conference and develop their leadership skills among their peers. That’s why the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) has developed the LEAD Opportunity Grant, which provides free conference registration to a delegation of students from qualified Title I schools who want to attend a LEAD Conference.
- Only Title I schools are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have an active membership with the National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, or National Student Council.
What Is Included?
- The grant provides one adviser registration, plus registrations for a delegation of between four and 12 students. (No less than four, no more than 12.)
- Free lodging at the conference hotel may also be available for grant recipients. (Subject to availability. Space is limited.)
- NOTE: This grant does not cover travel to/from the conference city.
What Do I Have to Do?
- Submit a LEAD Opportunity Grant application, including an adviser narrative on the school’s desire to send a delegation to a LEAD Conference.
- Applicants will also be required to submit a letter of support from the school principal.
When Are the Deadlines?
- Submissions are closed for the 2019–2020 academic year.
NOTE: The LEAD Opportunity Grant application is closed for the 2019-2020 academic year.
With questions, please contact Nara Lee, Director of the National Honor Societies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.