Call for Workshop Presenters
2017–18 LEAD Conferences
Workshop presenter applications are open for the 2017–18 LEAD Conferences. Workshops will be 45 minutes long and take place on Saturday of each conference. If you wish to present your workshop at more than one LEAD Conference site, you will have an opportunity to indicate this as part of the online submission process. The deadline to submit workshops for each conference is below:
JANUARY 2018 WASHINGTON, DC LEAD CONFERENCE
Deadline for New Submissions: Friday, December 22, 2017, Midnight, Pacific Time
Please note: Students under the age of 13 may not submit their own presenter application. If you are under 13, please coordinate with your chapter or council adviser to submit the application on your behalf. By initiating a workshop submission, applicants indicate that they are at least 13 years of age and able to submit their own applications to the LEAD Conference.
LEAD Workshop Topic Options
Workshops selected for presentation at the LEAD Conferences must fall under one of the topics listed below. Presenters must identify which topic their workshop falls under. Beside each topic are several examples of possible workshop themes.
- Chapter/Council Operations – Organization, Constitutions/Bylaws, Team Building, Meeting Management, Officer Training, Fundraising
- College and Career Readiness – Personal Essays, Interviews, Admissions, Personal Branding
- School Climate – All School Events, Spirit Weeks, Character, Ethics, Anti-Bullying, Global Citizenship
- School Culture – Community Service, Recognition, Charitable Fundraising
- Student Voice – RSVP, Forums, Elections, Officer Training