- What is the typical LEAD conference schedule? Click here to view a sample schedule.
- What is the registration cost?
- Early-Bird Member: $215
- Early-Bird Nonmember: $340
- Regular Member: $235
- Regular Nonmember: $360
- Is there a printable registration form? No. Registration is only available online.
- What if I forgot my registration login information? Email email@example.com or call 800-253-7746, option 8, for assistance.
- Where do I mail my check payment? Checks can be mailed to NASSP – LEAD Conference / P.O. Box 417939 / Boston, MA 02241-7939
- Check to Follow Payment Policy – Due Dates
- LEAD DC 2018: After January 12, 2018, all online registrations must be paid for with credit card. For those who indicated Check to Follow before January 12, 2018, if check payment is not received by January 12, you will need to pay onsite with check or credit card.
- LEAD Chicago 2018: After February 2, 2018, all online registrations must be paid for with credit card. For those who indicated Check to Follow before February 2, 2018, if check payment is not received by February 2, 2018, you will need to pay onsite with check or credit card.
- Check to Follow Payment Policy – Due Dates
- Are purchase orders accepted as payment for conference registration? No. Payment is accepted via check or credit card only.
- Can I pay for a single registration within a school delegation? Yes. See our registration step-by-step guide for details.
- What does my conference registration include? Registration includes the conference program and accompanying materials, as well as breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- Does my registration fee cover any meals? Registration covers breakfast and lunch on Saturday of the conference, and breakfast on Sunday.
- When will I receive my registration materials? All materials will be provided on-site at conference registration. You will receive a “know before you go” email one week prior to the conference with an overview of items to have on hand when you arrive.
- Does NASSP offer discounts for large school delegations? No. There are no group discounts, as LEAD Conferences are designed for group attendance.
- Does NASSP offer need-based scholarships to attend? No.
- Do you have to be a member to attend? While NatStuCo, NHS or NJHS membership is not required, current members receive a reduced registration rate. Click here to join NatStuCo, NHS, or NJHS.
- What is the cancellation policy? Registrations may be transferred to another student using the Substitution Form located here. No refunds will be issued for no shows.
- How should students and advisers dress for the conference? School-appropriate dress is required. More information on what that entails can be found on our Dress Policy page. Please note, NO shorts are allowed.
- What forms are required? Required forms include:
- The Adviser Commitment Form and Student Commitment Form.
- A Medical Permission Form, though you may use your school’s form.
- If students who are high school officers want to register for officer training, they will need to fill out the High School Officer Training Application Form.
- Should you need to transfer registration to another student, the Substitution Form will need to be submitted.
- All forms are located on the Forms and Information page.
- Can I earn credits for attending LEAD Conferences? No, but you will obtain a professional contact hour certificate when your postconference evaluation is completed and submitted.
- How do I register a parent chaperone? Primary advisers will need to add additional advisers, administrators, and parents/chaperones to the school record. He/she can visit their respective program website—NatStuCo.org, nhs.us, or njhs.us—log in, and go to “My Account,” then choose the “My Groups” tab. Consult the step-by-step registration guide for more details.’
- How do I get back to my registration if I don’t complete it in one user session? You can log back in to your registration and choose “Returning Group Login” or “Returning Adviser Login” to continue your session.
- Who do I contact if I have difficulty registering? You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.
- What is the adviser/parent chaperone-to-student ratio? One adviser or parent/chaperone is required for every 15 high school students or 12 middle-level students.
- Can I get an exception to the ratio rate? There are no exceptions.
- Can a parent attend? Parents can attend in the role of a parent/chaperone. Please see our step-by-step registration guide for information on how to register them.
- Do advisers/parent chaperones need to be in attendance with and available to their students at all times? Yes.
- Are my hotel accommodations included in the registration fee? No. Information for reserving hotels and booking travel can be found on the Hotel & Travel page for the LEAD Conference you are attending.
- What are my hotel costs? Sample costs can be found on the Costs page for the LEAD Conference you are attending.
- Who do I contact if I have questions or problems reserving hotel rooms? For assistance with a hotel reservation issue, please contact April Southward via email at email@example.com.
- Does my registration fee cover any type of transportation throughout the event weekend? No. You will be responsible for all transportation costs. Review the Hotel & Travel page for the LEAD Conference you are attending for information on airline discounts and ground transportation. In some cases, the hotel may have a complimentary shuttle service to take you to and from the airport.
- What is RSVP training and who attends? Raising Student Voice & Participation (RSVP) is a student engagement program sponsored by NatStuCo and the National Association of Secondary School Principals. It uses democratic dialogue to give students a chance to speak out and take action on important issues in their schools and communities. School delegations attending the training must include both students and advisers. More information can be found on the RSVP Training page.
- When does RSVP training take place? Training takes place on the Friday of each conference from 12:30–4:30 p.m.
- What is the cost of RSVP training? The cost is $169 per school delegation.
- Do you have to be a member of NatStuCo or Honor Society to attend RSVP training? Yes. Click here to join NatStuCo, NHS, or NJHS.
- How many students per school can attend RSVP training? A total of 10 students per school can attend.
- Who do I contact if I have a problem registering for RSVP training? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.
High School Officer Training:
- What is High School Officer Training and who attends? High school officer training is designed for NatStuCo and Honor Society officers and students who aspire to hold officer positions. More information can be found on the High School Officer Training page.
- When does High School Officer Training take place? Training takes place concurrently with LEAD Conference sessions.
- What is the cost of High School Officer Training ? There is no cost, but students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Access the application form here.
- How many students can attend High School Officer Training? Only two students per school can attend.
- Who can present workshops? Students, advisers, college students, professional speakers, and leadership consultants are all welcome to present LEAD Conference workshops.
- What do I need to do to present a workshop? You must apply to present a workshop at a LEAD Conference. Workshops should be 45 minutes long and they all take place on the Saturday of the conference. Information on how to apply, as well as the application, can be found on the Present a Workshop page for each conference.
- Is there compensation or a discount for presenting a workshop? No.
Any additional questions not covered here? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 800-253-7746, option 8.