Communities like to hear about young people doing great things. You can gain recognition for your school and student programs by distributing this press release announcing your participation in a LEAD Conference to media in your community.
Helpful hints for distributing a press release:
- Start with the template below and fill in your information where indicated.
- Make a list of all the media outlets in and around your city. SparkAction provides a tool that helps you locate your local media outlets by zip code.
- If more than one person from your school is attending to the conference, coordinate your efforts and write one press release as a team.
- In addition to sending the press release to the media, post it on your website and social media channels.
- Include pictures with your release whenever possible. Be sure to identify each individual in the picture by complete name and title.